Essential Workers Scholarship
2020 Mask Makers PPE Essential Workers Scholarship
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL SCHOLARSHIP INQUIRIES BY EMAIL AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE WILL ANSWER ALL INQUIRIES WITHIN 48 HOURS. All information about the scholarship is available on this page. Please make sure to read carefully before submitting an inquiry as it may delay the application process. We want to document all communication regarding scholarships, so we will not be able to answer scholarship inquiries by phone. Please submit all questions by email.
As a leader in providing personal protective equipment, Mask Makers PPE is committed to giving back to the essential workers that have fought so hard for our country during this difficult time. It is our goal to ensure that everyone has access to the protective equipment that they need to stay personally safe, limit people’s exposure to the virus, and keep our communities healthy and prosperous.
Our nation is in the fight of its life against the coronavirus, and we are still directly in the middle of this pandemic. Until we all embrace the notion of protecting ourselves and our communities together, we will still have a long way to go. The essential workers are people who are on the frontline working to keep this country stable in the face of all of this adversity. We want to pay tribute to those who are working tirelessly by helping the next generation of heroes.
To further our vision of making the world a safer place, we are offering a scholarship to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to public health and safety.
We recognize that education is an important foundation upon which the essential work of tomorrow is built upon, and we are happy to help fund the educational endeavors of outstanding individuals.
By supporting our essential workers today, we are making an investment in a future that is brighter for everyone. As such, Mask Makers PPE is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing college or advanced degrees of all types. This year, our scholarship is helping to raise awareness about the challenges individuals working through the pandemic have to meet and overcome each day.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in an identified essential field, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated resumé
- A 750-word essay responding to the following prompt: What are some significant challenges that workers in healthcare, food supply, utilities, sanitation and other essential work face every day? What are some practicable public policies that could address some of the challenges that these workers have encountered? Feel free to speak about the challenges you have experienced or witnessed in a loved-one’s life.
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
The 2020 Mask Makers PPE Essential Worker Scholarship winner will be announced in July 1st 2021.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
In order to be eligible, scholarship applicants must submit their FULL application (personal statement, cover sheet, transcript(s), and resumé) by email to email@example.com. The official deadline for all application materials is May 1st, 2021.
ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION EMAILS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Subject Line: Name of the Applicant — Name of the Scholarship
- Attachments: Personal Statement, Cover Sheet, Transcript, and Resume
APPLICATIONS FAILING TO FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.